Friday 17 April 2015

Who Am I?

I'm going to be completely honest, I'm terrible with spelling, grammar and writing in general however I have many experiences that I want to share with whoever stumbles across this page in hope that I could inspire just a few of you in some shape or form. 

From a young age I have always been fascinated with the idea of travel. Being able to learn about new cultures, religions and generally just being able to see the world. I don't fear anything in life (other than cows, I'm petrified of cows) but I do fear that not enough young people are taking the time to travel and learn about themselfs as well as everything else that is going on out there. The question I'm faced with most is "how can you afford it?" the honest truth. Cleaver budgeting, hard work, motivation and patience. If you wants something badly enough in life you will work towards it and be successful. I'm sick of hearing the sentences "your so lucky" and "I wish I could do that". The answer isn't hard, you can! As the saying goes, you can do anything if you put your mind to it.

One of my most memorable moments from college was when my form tutor sat me down to talk about my future and where I wanted to be in five years time. Unlike the majority of my friends I never had any desire to go to university yet this is all that was ever talked about. You go to university, get a degree, get a job and that's the end of that chapter. I told my tutor that I was going to become a ski instructor and she quite literally laughed in my face. She went on to discuss how at wasn't a real career path and that I would need something to fall back on if it didn't work out. Well, it did work out and it has been working out just fantastically for the last three years. 

Being a ski and snowboard instructor has allowed me to travel and live in some amazing places such as Canada, Dubai and Japan. I adore my job and wouldn't change what I'm doing for the world because it lets me see places I might not have ever been able to see. Now I know, your probably reading this and thinking well I'm not an instructor. It's not about that, it's about not letting other people such as your friends and family dictate what your going to do in life. It's your decishion and you should do whatever makes you happy. So many of my friends that went to university have either dropped out or hate the subjects they study and therefor don't end up getting a degree that's worth the amount of time they have worked on it! 

I have gained so much more life experience and met so many incredible people which has in turn moulded my personality and made me grow as a person. Travel is so importaint but it starts with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment