Sunday 19 April 2015

Bye Japan!

So my four and a half months in Japan has regrettably already come to an end but I have had the most incredible time. I'm privileged to have a family and friend base that are so supportive of my never ending love of traveling and working abroad. It's a lifestyle that I have adapted to and become familiar with. So far the only struggle I have faced is missing people which is expected. You'd have though it gets easier, truth is it doesn't. If anything it becomes more difficult, on each trip you meet more strangers who quickly become life long friends. 

Living and working in Niseko was for a ski bum like myself a perfect retreat when my kind of people flourish. The combination of champagne powder and like minded cool people made it somewhat of a paradise. It's so refreshing to be around others that have as much passion for the slopes as you are. To everyone that has encouraged me and pushed me to my limits this season, thank you. My confidence is growing and my desire to get stronger within the industry is even more. 

If you have a passion for the winter and have never explored the slopes of Japan I highly recommend you add it to the bucket list. I have never experienced so much snow in my whole entire life, it's ridiculous. There is nothing more satisfying than receiving multiple face shots as you travel down the untouched off piste powder. Happiness doesn't even cover it, it's such an incredible feeling like your weightless and just floating above the snow. It's the one thing in life that will never fail to make me smile uncontrollably, I adore skiing and always will. 

Japan you were truly wonderful and the last two and a half weeks of my trip have been surreal. Eight accommodations, Two bikes, seven buses, three taxis, fifteen trains, two trams, five flights, countless subway encounters and its time for my next adventure. It's been interesting, living like a turtle with my life attached to my back traveling from city to city and I can't wait to do it again in the near future. Now, where to next..?


No comments:

Post a Comment