Thursday 7 May 2015

Where will you be in five years time?

Since reaching my twenties I have been asked this question so many times and it drives me up the wall. In an ideal world I would have to have a wonderful successful career, be settling down in somewhere other than York and maybe have even met the man of my dreams. However this is most likely not going to happen and that doesn't bother me so much. I'm in no rush whatsoever to figure everything out right now. What will happen will indeed happen but I have no idea what is going to become of me. For now life is pretty sweet even if I am completely skint after forking out the remains of my life savings on flights and insurance to get to where I need to be but that's ok. Money doesn't grow on trees but you can always make more of it.

I hate people who obsess over there bank balance and stop themselves from doing things because it's too expensive. life is expensive and it isn't getting any cheaper. A year today I went skydiving in Dubai with my brother and it cost me a solid £400 to do it. Now yes I know, that is a lot of cash for something that lasts a few minutes but to say you have done something and experience something as amazing as that it was worth every penny. You don't remember exactly how much you have in York bank everyday however you do remember what you did with the money so what's more important, the money or the memories.

I know that one thing will remain the same as I get older. If you work hard you play hard. So far its been working out pretty well for me. For every awful job I have worked I have been able to afford to work all around the globe in different locations (as you will know from my other posts). So there we go, bring on the next five years and whatever it has to offer. I'm sure whatever happens I will continue to make the most of it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment